Program of the Conference
MSU – MIRAN
transportation (for Russian participants)
The Steklov Mathematical Institute of the
Russian Academy of Sciences, with the cooperation of the
Lomonosov Moscow State University and the Moscow Mathematical
Society, is organizing the Fourth International Conference
on Differential and Functional Differential Equations,
August 14–21, 2005.
The scientific program will consist of invited 45-minute lectures,
30-minute lectures, and 20-minute communications.
- The conference will be devoted to classical topics of the
theory of differential equations and different kinds of nonlocal interactions:
- ordinary differential equations,
- analytic aspects of dynamical systems,
- spectral theory,
- partial differential equations in functional spaces,
- linear and nonlinear problems of mathematical physics,
- semigroups of operators,
- asymptotic methods,
- singularly perturbed systems,
- attractors of evolution equations,
- boundary-value problems and nonlocal problems,
- functional differential equations and applications.
The two separate sections within the framework of the conference
will be devoted to the jubilees of the two outstanding mathematicians:
70th anniversary of Professor V. A. Kondrat’ev
and 65th anniversary of Professor W. Jäger.
- Program Committee:
- D. V. Anosov (Co-chairman),
Yu. S. Osipov (Co-chairman),
H. Amann, W. Balser,
V. M. Buchstaber,
S. Yu. Dobrokhotov, V. A. Il’in,
W. Jäger, L. D. Kudryavtsev, E. F. Mishchenko, A. D. Myshkis,
S. M. Nikol’skii, J. Qing,
I. V. Skrypnik ,
A. L. Skubachevskii (Vice-chairman), A. Tesei,
L. Veron, H.-O. Walther.
- Organizing Committee:
- V. V. Kozlov (Co-chairman),
V. A. Sadovnichii (Co-chairman),
T. E. Churkina, V. A. Golovin,
P. L. Gurevich, A. D. Izaak, S. P. Konovalov,
P. S. Krasil’nikov, A. V. Mikhalev, A. B. Muravnik, V. P. Pavlov,
L. E. Rossovskii, A. M. Selitskii,
A. G. Sergeev (Vice-chairman), A. S. Shamaev,
R. V. Shamin, A. L. Skubachevskii,
M. Teuchert, E. M. Varfolomeyev,
A. B. Zhizhchenko (Vice-chairman),
N. B. Zhuravlev, O. E. Zubelevich.
- Preliminary List of 45-minute Invited Lecturers:
- A. Agrachev, M. S. Agranovich,
A. B. Antonevich, C. Bardos,
V. M. Buchstaber, V. I. Burenkov,
S. Yu. Dobrokhotov, Yu. A. Dubinskii,
B. Fiedler, K. Hadeler, A. M. Il’in,
N. M. Ivochkina, W. Jäger,
H. Karcher, V. A. Kondrat’ev, S. P. Novikov,
V. A. Pliss, A. Sarychev, G. R. Sell, G. A. Seregin,
A. G. Sergeev, Ya. G. Sinai, V. D. Stepanov, A. Tesei,
F. Tomi, D. V. Treschev, L. Veron, M. I. Vishik,
L. R. Volevich, I. V. Volovich, H.-O. Walther,
P. Yang, V. V. Zhikov.
- All the sessions will take place in the building of the Steklov Mathematical Institute,
Moscow, Gubkina street, 8.
- Official Languages:
- Russian and English.
- The registration fee is equivalent to ˆ 95 for participants and
ˆ 30 for accompanying persons. It should be paid in roubles upon arrival.
The registration fee covers expenses on abstracts and program publishing,
mailing expenses, and writing materials.
- Upon arrival to Moscow you are kindly requested to come
to the Registration Office, where the program booklets and the books
of abstracts are to be distributed among the participants.
On August 14 the Registration Office will operate
from 1:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m., and on
August 15 from 9:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m.
in the building of the Steklov Mathematical Institute, Moscow, Gubkina street, 8.
- The Organizing Committee will book minibuses and cars to pick up
foreign participants arriving to the Moscow international airports
Sheremet’evo-2 and Domodedovo.
It is desirable to inform us about your flight number,
airline, and arrival time in advance.
Foreign participants coming by train are kindly asked
to let us know the date and time of their arrival,
the terminal they arrive to, train and carriage numbers.
The Organizing Committee will pick them up at the railway station.
One can get around Moscow by metro, bus, trolley bus,
tram, or fixed-route taxi.
The Moscow Metro is a convenient transportation system
connecting almost all parts of Moscow. The current subway fare
is 13 roubles per ride. In order to pass there, one should buy a card
at a special window (there are such windows at each station).
The ground transport fare is 10–15 roubles per ride.
One can get to the Steklov Mathematical Institute on foot
from the metro station "Akademicheskaya"
(15 minutes), by tram no. 14 or 39 from the metro station
"Leninskii prospect" to the stop "Ulitsa Gubkina", or by
trolley bus no. 4, 33, 62, or 84 from the metro station
"Oktyabr’skaya" to the stop "Univermag Moskva".
Instead of trolley bus or tram you can take fixed-route
taxi with the same route number.
All participants from other towns (including foreign participants)
will be provided with maps of Moscow and schemes of the Moscow Metro prior to the
Opening Ceremony at the Registration Office.
- Opening Ceremony and Reception:
- The Opening Ceremony will take place on August 15, 2005, at
11:00 a.m. in the building of the Steklov Mathematical Institute.
The Reception will take place on August 15, 2005, at 7:00 p.m.
in the same building.
Invitations to the Opening Ceremony and the Reception
will be distributed only during the registration.
Unregistered participants will not be able to attend the Opening Ceremony and the
- Coffee breaks:
- Coffee breaks will be organized for participants during morning and evening sessions.
- Arrangements have been made for reservation at the hotels
of the Moscow State University and the Steklov Mathematical Institute,
at the hotels "Sputnik" and "Akademicheskaya".
The prices are ˆ 60–70 for a single room and
ˆ 80–90 for a double room per night.
The participants are kindly asked to confirm their choice of accommodation
and the dates of arrival and departure by e-mail.
- Food service:
- There are many canteens and snack bars in a neighborhood of the Institute.
They are indicated on the map you will be provided with upon arrival.
Lunch or dinner costs about ˆ 5–10.
- Currency exchange:
- There are exchange offices everywhere in Moscow, where you can exchange
US dollars and Euro. Many of them belonging to large banks also exchange
British pounds and other currency and accept credit cards
(VISA, Euro Card / Master Card) and traveler’s checks
(VISA, Thomas Cook, American Express). You will find some exchange
offices close to the Institute on the map.
- August is usually warm in Moscow. The average temperature is
Accordingly, light and casual clothing is appropriate.
- Health and Accident Insurance:
- The registration fee does not include insurance for the
participants against accidents, sickness or loss of property.
All participants are advised to make necessary arrangements
for short-term health and accident insurance before leaving for Russia.
- Electric Current:
- The electric current is 220 V, 50 Hz AC in Russia.
- The Conference Banquet will be organized for the participants and
accompanying persons. The price is ˆ 30.
- Please let us know which excursions you are going to attend.
This information will affect the prices of excursions
because they depend on the number of participating persons.
The following options are available:
The above prices for meals, transportation, accommodation, and excursions may change till August 2005.
- Visa Application:
- We hope that most of the participants and
accompanying persons have already got their visas.
We kindly ask you to inform us by e-mail whether you received your
visa or not. If, by chance, you have not still provided
us with your registration form, please, do this urgently.
- Correspondence: all correspondence should be addressed to
- Professor A. L. Skubachevskii
Steklov Mathematical Institute
Gubkina street, 8
119991, Moscow, Russia
Phone: 7 (095) 938 27 58
Fax: 7 (095) 135 05 55
First Announcement (October 2004)
Second Announcement (March 2005)