by the International Mathematical Union
THE FOURTH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
Differential and Functional Differential
Moscow, Russia, August 14–21, 2005
The Steklov Mathematical Institute
of the Russian Academy of Sciences, with the cooperation of the Lomonosov
Moscow State University and the Moscow Mathematical Society,
is organizing the Fourth International Conference on Differential
and Functional Differential Equations,
August 14–21, 2005.
The scientific program will consist of invited 45-minute lectures,
30-minute lectures, and 20-minute communications.
- The conference will be devoted to classical topics of the
theory of differential equations and different kinds of nonlocal interactions:
- ordinary differential equations,
- analytic aspects of dynamical systems,
- spectral theory,
- partial differential equations in functional spaces,
- linear and nonlinear problems of mathematical physics,
- semigroups of operators,
- asymptotic methods,
- singularly perturbed systems,
- attractors of evolution equations,
- boundary-value problems and nonlocal problems,
- functional differential equations and applications.
- Program Committee:
- H. Amann, D. V. Anosov (Co-chairman),
W. Balser, V. M. Buchstaber, S. Yu. Dobrokhotov,
V. A. Il'in, W. Jäger, L. D. Kudryavtsev,
E. F. Mishchenko,
A. D. Myshkis, S. M. Nikol'skii,
Yu. S. Osipov (Co-chairman),
I. V. Skrypnik ,
A. L. Skubachevskii (Vice-chairman),
A. Tesei, L. Veron, H.-O. Walther.
- Organizing Committee:
- V. A. Golovin, P. L. Gurevich, A. D. Izaak,
V. V. Kozlov (Co-chairman), P. S. Krasil'nikov,
A. V. Mikhalev,
V. P. Pavlov, L. E. Rossovskii, V. A. Sadovnichii (Co-chairman),
A. G. Sergeev (Vice-chairman), A. S. Shamaev, R. V. Shamin,
A. L. Skubachevskii, M. Teuchert,
A. B. Zhizhchenko (Vice-chairman), O. E. Zubelevich.
- Preliminary List of 45-minute Invited Lecturers:
- U. Abresch, M. S. Agranovich, A. B. Antonevich,
W. Arendt, C. Bardos, V. M. Buchstaber, S. Yu. Dobrokhotov,
Yu. A. Dubinskii, B. Fiedler, M. Gromov, K. Hadeler,
W. Jäger, H. Karcher, V. A. Kondrat'ev, S. P. Novikov,
S. I. Pohozaev, J. Qing, G. R. Sell,
G. A. Seregin, A. G. Sergeev,
Ya. G. Sinai, A. Tesei, F. Tomi, D. V. Treschev,
L. Veron, M. I. Vishik, L. R. Volevich, H. O. Walther,
- All the sessions will take place in the building of the
Steklov Mathematical Institute, Moscow, Gubkina street, 8.
- Official Languages:
- Russian and English.
- Call for papers:
- Those participants who want to present a paper
at the conference are kindly asked to send a one page
abstract in the form of LaTex 2ε file by email.
In order to accelerate processing of your file, please omit
a preamble but send us only the text itself, i.e.,
the part of the LaTex file between the commands
The title has to be followed by the name(s) and affiliation(s)
of the author(s). Mark out the title using different print.
The abstracts will be collected in a booklet to be
distributed among the participants upon arrival.
The deadline for receiving abstracts is May 1, 2005.
- Please fill in and send us the Registration form at your
earliest convenience but not later than on May 1, 2005.
The registration fee is € 95 for participants and
€ 30 for accompanying persons.
It should be paid upon arrival. The registration fee covers expenses
on abstracts and program publishing, mailing expenses, and writing materials.
- The Organizing Committee will book minibuses and cars
to pick up foreign participants arriving to the Moscow International
Airport Sheremet'evo-2. It is desirable to inform
us about your flight number, airline, and arrival time in advance.
- Arrangements have been made for reservation
at different hotels in a neighborhood of the Steklov Mathematical Institute.
The prices are € 70–80 for a single room and
€ 80–100 for a double room per night.
- Food service:
- There are many canteens and snack bars in a neighborhood of the Institute.
They are indicated on the map you will be provided with upon arrival.
Lunch or dinner costs about € 5–10.
The above prices for meals and accommodation may change till August 2005.
- Currency exchange:
- There are exchange offices everywhere in Moscow,
where you can exchange US dollars and Euro.
Many of them belonging to large banks also exchange
British pounds and other currency and accept credit
cards (VISA, Euro Card/Master Card) and traveler's checks
(VISA, Thomas Cook, American Express).
You will find some exchange offices close to the Institute on the map.
- August is usually warm in Moscow. The average
temperature is 19–21°C (66–70°F).
Accordingly, light and casual clothing is appropriate.
- The Conference Banquet will be organized for the participants
and accompanying persons. The price is € 25.
- Performances and Excursions:
- All the participants of the conference are invited to attend performances
in famous Moscow theatres. We offer exciting excursions to the old palaces and
churches in the Kremlin,
Sergiev Posad (Zagorsk),
We encourage the participants to visit various
museums and art galleries of Moscow.
We can also organize excursions according to your suggestions
if we receive such information from you. All requests should be sent till May 1, 2005.
- Visa Application:
- After we receive your Registration form, we shall send you
the voucher which will allow you to apply for a visa at the nearest
consulate of the Russian Federation in your country.
- All correspondence should be addressed to:
- Professor A. L. Skubachevskii
Moscow State Aviation Institute
Volokolamskoe shosse, 4
Moscow, A-80, GSP-3, 125993, Russia
Fax: 7 (095) 158-29-77
First Announcement (October 2004)